Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is Sprung

It has been over a year since I posted anything on this blog - so I guess it's about time! I have decided that I need to be better at using this tool...

I AM still producing Two Wheels, Four States magazine. It is still a quarterly publication - I can't keep up with more than that! I have decided that I need to use this blog space to ramble about some of my thoughts, rides, etc, that may not necessarily be used in my magazine.

So...today...the first day of Spring! I left the house a little before 9 am this morning and didn't come home until almost 8 pm tonight - BEAUTIFUL day for a ride! I put about 260 miles on the bike...

I started the day with my husband and fourteen Joplin HOG Chapter members for a breakfast ride to Hungry House. Since we were pre-planning an April Fool's joke for the HOG Chapter director, we rode to Silver Dollar City following breakfast. We took a group picture in front of the SDC sign and we're telling the director that we used the HOG funds to buy the SDC season tickets for those of us in the picture. Of course, that's NOT true! I doubt that we'll be able to pull it off, but it was a good excuse for a ride anyway!

Leaving SDC, we continued our ride to Eureka Springs and dinner at the Rockin' Pig. After a great meal, we rode back home.

Spring is definitely coming our way! There were many beautiful valleys, turning green with the winter rain and snow and the spring sunshine! May there be many more beautiful Spring days for riding for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment